Woocommerce Variable Text

Hi,

I am still trying to understand the Pro Theme. I have enabled the woocommerce plugin and added a product which includes variables. But there is no prompt for the shopper to make a selection. I have added the text ‘Please make a selection before adding to cart.’ but to do that I have had to add a line of code in the main plugin files: wp-content > plugins > woocommerce > templates > single-product > add-to-cart > variable.php and added

<p><b>Please make a selection before adding to cart.</b><p>

on line 35.

That gets the desired result (see image) but it strikes me I will lose when the plugin is updated. So my question is there a better way to achieve this through the theme?

Hey @ocduk,

You need to copy variable.php to the same folder structure in your child theme. To learn more about customizing WooCommerce, please see this article.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.