Woocommerce; How to pick what is shown on the product summary view

Hey @flashfog,

My colleague sent links the same as the previous reply because the answer is there.

Click the Dynamic Content button in the fields it is available. Don’t worry about syntax as you can click on the available WooCommerce Dynamic Content and it will be automatically inserted into your content. The syntax documentation as the Dynamic Content interface acts as a guide on what’s available and we discourage writing the Dynamic Content code manually.

Hope that helps.

Ok, here is me trying to populate a headlined with the product name (the same displayed here).

On this video I go looking for what i assume would be called 'Product Name" , “Product Title”, or similar. I can’t find that. What am I doing wrong ?

Thank you

Hello @flashfog

To display the Product title or Product name you can use this code in the text element “{{dc:post:title}}”. It would display the Product name or you can say Product title because Products are also kind of posts so it would display the Product title.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Is there really no publicly available list of all the items I can address? What for example if I want to access the stock status? would I have to contact you for each and every item?

Sorry to be a pain, I am simply not understanding this approach to support. Is there a secrecy consideration here that I simply not aware of?

Hello @flashfog,

Regretfully there isn’t any public or private list of all the item information for a product. There isn’t any secrecy or anything either. What is available in the Dynamic Content WooCommerce option is only limited to what we have at the moment. We will take note of your issues and add more items to the option in future development as a feature request.

Thank you for your understanding.

ok… basically this feature is not ready for prime time.

My advice is to modify your dynamic content document to reflect what has been learned here today. This would save other users from this headache. It cost my customer a week, me, many non-billable hours, and it distracted Themeco’s team. I am personally exhausted from this whole thing.

I do think this functionality is expected when building custom e-commerce solutions. Thanks for staying with me through all the questions.

Hi @flashfog,

Thanks for the feedback. It is duly noted. I will pass it to the person in charge of the documentation articles.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.