WooCommerce Custom Image Sizes

Hi,

I’m trying to utilize custom image sizes in WooCommerce for single products. I’ve enabled the options in the dashboard by adding this code to my functions.php file :

add_action( 'init', 'default_woocommerce_settings');

function default_woocommerce_settings() {
  remove_filter( 'woocommerce_product_settings', 'x_woocommerce_remove_plugin_settings', 10 );
}

I’ve edited the single product image size as per the image below and then used Force Regenerate Thumbnails but the single product image remains unchanged.

Is there anything else I should be doing to enable custom sizes?

Many Thanks

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Can you confirm that you are fully updated? (Theme and Plugins)

Our latest versions are:
X Theme: 5.1.0
Cornerstone: 2.0.5

You can find the latest version numbers here: (http://theme.co/changelog/) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site.

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

Hi RueNel,

Many thanks for the suggestion. I was out of date but I’ve just upgraded to the latest versions and I’m still experiencing the same issue. Please see the attached images - I changed the single product image dimensions to 400x800 and regenerated the thumbnails but they’re still showing in the old 400x400 format. If you have any other suggestions I’d be very grateful.

Thanks again!

I just noticed that the dimensions of the single product image are actually 385x410. I’m sure they were originally set to 400x400.

Could it be that there’s a setting elsewhere which is configured as 385x410 that’s over-riding this one?

Hello There,

If you have applied the code:

add_action( 'init', 'default_woocommerce_settings');

function default_woocommerce_settings() {
  remove_filter( 'woocommerce_product_settings', 'x_woocommerce_remove_plugin_settings', 10 );
}

There will be 3 product image dimensions just like this:

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi RueNel, I do have 3 image dimensions as per your screenshot, but when I changed the dimensions and regenerated the thumbnails the new dimensions didn’t take effect. It did work if deleted the images and uploaded them a second time. As I didn’t have many products I ended up doing it that way. But thanks again for your time.

Glad you’ve sorted it out and thank you for sharing the solution with us.

Cheers!