WooCommerce Checkout Replaced with Terms & Conditions Page!

Hi, I’m using Pro and I’ve created my own Terms & Conditions page. In the WooCommerce > Settings > Advanced > ‘Page setup’ section, I’ve selected the Terms & Conditions page I created from the drop down. After doing this, when you go to checkout, it just shows the Terms & Conditions page instead of the checkout screen! I thought the Terms & Conditions would appear with a checkbox during the checkout process, so I don’t know why it’s showing the whole page instead!

I’ll put the URL in a secure note as it’s being built on a temp link.

Thanks!

Hi @core365,

Thanks for reaching out!

I guess you didn’t create a checkout page because when I tried to click the checkout button, it will not redirect to the checkout page. Would you mind sharing your admin credentials so that we can check your WooCommerce setup? please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi @marc_a,

I don’t understand when you said I didn’t create a checkout page - the checkout page was there and working fine before selecting the Terms & Conditions page and if I deselect the page in the Advanced settings, then the checkout appears again and is back to working as it should!

I’ll put the login details in a secure note, thanks!

Hello @core365,

I cannot check your checkout page because every time I click the checkout button in the cart page, it always redirects me to the URL in the secure note. This could be caused by a 3rd party plugin. Please test for a plugin conflict.

Please edit your Terms and Condition page. Select the “Blank - No Container | No Header, No Footer” so that only the contents will display when you click the checkbox on the checkout page.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi @ruenel,

When you click on the checkout button it redirects you to the Terms & Conditions page and it shouldn’t. It worked fine before I selected the Terms & Conditions page I created from the drop down in WooCommerce > Settings > Advanced > ‘Page setup’ section. I have to have the Terms & Conditions page selected in order to use the Klarna payment system.

I’ve changed the Terms & Conditions page template so it’s “Blank - No Container | No Header, No Footer” but it still hasn’t solved it. I’ve created a staging site and deactivated most of the plugins, there’s just the essential ones activated and I’m still getting the same issue.

I’ll put the URL to the staging site in a secure note so you can see that there’s still the issue, even when most of the plugins are deactivated.

Thanks

Hi @core365,

I can confirm your issue on your end but I can’t replicate it in my development area. I also notice that you are using an old version of the Pro theme, I suggest that you update it to the latest version so that you will have updated WooCommerce files.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hi @marc_a,

I used a developer to help with some of the customisation and structure of the product pages and after updating the Pro theme, it has thrown the structure of the page out. It’s as though some php files that were present before have disappeared after the update! I’ve had to go through and try to replace the missing files that I’m aware of.

Do you know if the latest version of Pro causes issues with WooCommerce?

Thanks!

Hi @core365,

There’s no issue with the latest Pro and latest WooCommerce. It has something to do with the customization with your developer. I suggest that you reach him/her out to update the code with the latest version of WooComemrce.

Thank you.

Hi @marc_a,

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

I appreciate all your help and time on this, thank you!

Hi @core365,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.