WooCommerce Checkout 503 with Terms & Conditions

Hey there, I trust you’re having an awesome day!

I have an issue when the Terms & Conditions page is set, that the Woocommerce checkout returns a 503 error. When I disable the T&Cs page, the checkout loads. Using another theme the checkout loads.

I’ve disabled all the plugins to check for plugin compatibility issues, and that doesn’t solve it. There’s also nothing in the debug log.

WP 5.1.1
Woocommerce 3.5.7

Are you able to help?

Hey @conorseed,

You can login through FTP then edit the wp-config.php file and find the line: define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );. Set it to true then save the file. Log back in the admin area and you should be able to see some more error information when you redo the steps you are having issues with.

If you are getting an error message that suggests: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of xxxxx bytes exhausted, it means that you need to have the PHP memory limit of your site increased.

To do this, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Here is a details article about the PHP Memory Limit that is in our Knowledge Base:

In case the issue persists, please try to get in touch with your hosting provider and confirm to them that your PHP memory limit is increased.

Let us know how it goes.

Hey @Jade, thanks for the response.

I guess I should have been clearer - I already have debugging turned on as I use the log extensively during development. There’s no errors that are thrown in the debug log pertaining to this issue.

The page served is a 503 error page from the server, not from wordpress. But it’s only thrown with Pro active, a T&Cs page active in Woocommerce settings and only on the checkout page.

See above for other trouble shooting I’ve already done. Thanks! :blush:

I’ll try to replicate the issue on my local machine in the morning.

Any other thoughts?

Hi @conorseed,

I would like to check your website but the username/password is incorrect.

Could you please double check and also provide us with FTP account as well?

Thank you.

Sorry @thai - find the correct info attached here.

Hi @conorseed,

It appears to have an infinite loop since the terms page content is created within the builder. For now, I recommend just editing your term content to the classic editor instead of the builder. I’m adding this to our issue tracker.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.