WooCommerce causing conflict with Pro editor

I’m building an eCommerce site using Pro and WooCommerce and I just came across an issue where the Pro page editor will not load (screenshot of error message here). I’ve followed the usual protocol of “deactivate plugins to see if there’s a conflict” and I’ve traced the issue back to WooCommerce. However, more specifically, it’s a setting within WooCommerce that’s causing the issue.

Within WooCommerce you can assign which Wordpress page you want to use as the checkout page. Obviously, I assign it to mydomain.com/checkout. However, as soon as it is assigned, the Pro editor for the Checkout page will no longer load. If you remove the assignment within WooCommerce, the page editor loads fine again.

I have other sites built nearly identical to this one and have no problem editing those checkout pages (I just verified by checking one of my other sites, and the editor loads fine there), so this seems to be an issue on just this specific site.

I should also note that this is ONLY an issue with the checkout page. I can still use the Pro editor just fine with any other page I’m trying to edit on this site.

Can someone help me figure out how to fix this? URL in secure note with login info.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! The pages that will be assigned as WooCommerce pages like the shop or checkout page, WooCommerce will add or look for a [woocommerce_checkout] shortcode in the page to display the check out page. With this shortcode, there are a series of redirects to check whether you are log in or not, you have selected any product yet and these redirects can not be handled by editor and that is why it returns an error. It is best that you edit the page in the editor first before you assign it as your WooCommerce check out page.

Hope this helps.

But I’m able to edit all the other WooCommerce pages (cart, shop, etc.) just fine… it’s only the Checkout page having this issue. And like I said, I have other sites built with the exact same setup and I have no problem editing the Checkout page.

So why is this particular site having this issue when none of my others do?

Hello There,

When you assign the pages for WooCommerce, when you load the page in Cornerstone, WooCommerce will check the page first and look for WooCommerce shortcodes. The check out page will redirect to the cart page if the cart is empty which would tell you that your cart if empty urging you to go to the shop.

Your other site may have allowed you because you edited the page in Cornerstone first before you have assign the page as a WooCommerce specific page. The best that you can do is to make use of the skeleton mode (when editing for faster response and easy access of the elements on the preview area) so that you can insert a section, rows, columns and a text element for you to insert the [woocommerce_checkout] shortcode.

Hope this helps.

I don’t use Cornerstone. I have Pro. And no, the other site allows me to edit the page while currently being assigned in WooCommerce. It has no issue like this.

Hi there,

Pro’s builder is Cornerstone, and it’s built in it hence it’s the same :slight_smile: . I also personally don’t’ recommend editing Woocommerce pages in the builder, it may work, but it could cause issues too like internal errors as the builder doesn’t have control on how Woocommerce handles the do_shortcode().

Thanks!

So how would you recommend editing WooCommerce pages then? I need to customize the look and feel of checkout.

Hi there,

I personally don’t recommend editing them in the cornerstone, but you may still do that. But we can’t cover or provide support any issues due to that customization. I recommend contacting a Woocommerce developer to customize your shop pages. Woocommerce pages are usually customized through its templates. You may check this https://www.skyverge.com/blog/how-to-override-woocommerce-template-files/

You must follow Woocommerce’s standard when customizing its shop pages.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.