WooCommerce add-to-cart buttons and checkout product links

Hey guys,

I’m using Pro theme and WooCommerce, and I have a few questions about custom product pages.

I’m sure you guys know this, but by default, WooCommerce creates product pages for you. The URL usually looks something like: mydomain.com/product/blue-backpack. I didn’t really like their product page layout, so instead of messing with their templates, I decided to just build custom product pages using the regular Pro theme editor. The pages look awesome, but I’m now wondering about two pieces of functionality.

  1. How do I add “Add to Cart” buttons to the page? Do I use regular Button elements and then a certain URL? Or is there another way?
  2. On the WooCommerce “Cart” page, and also on the “Cart Dropdown” in my header, there are links to the default product pages by WooCommerce (screenshots here and here). How do I change these links so that they go to my custom product pages instead?

Let me know if you need any additional information. Thanks!

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

1- Here is a great article (https://nicola.blog/2015/09/18/creating-custom-add-to-cart-url/) which will help you to create your own add to cart button to place in your custom product page.

2- The cart drop down won’t show the link to the product only it will show how much product in your cart.
Adding custom product page link to any product title is something completely customisation work.
You can consult with any developer to do this. This is something beyond our theme support scope.

Hope this is understandable.

Thnks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.