Woo not showing button or image for single image shortcode

Hi

On here http://www.cartoonkate.co.uk/threads-from-the-refugee-crisis/

I’m using the shortcode
[product sku=“threads-signed”]

to bring the product into the page. It used to show a preview of the product with an image and an add to basket button. Now I just have the text linked and the price. If I highlight it, copy and paste the text I get this, so the ‘add to basket’ is hiding there somewhere.

Threads from the Refugee Crisis
£23.00
Add to basket

The link to the product is just under the video.

Buttons are set with a blue background so they should show up.

I am getting this nag but I need really clear instructions to do anything with template files. Do you have a link that will walk me through it if this is the problem please.

“Your theme (X – Child Theme) contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template files. These files may need updating to ensure they are compatible with the current version of WooCommerce. You can see which files are affected from the system status page. If in doubt, check with the author of the theme.”

Woo version is 3.1.1

many thanks! This problem has been going on a while, I wanted to wait until Pro came out and the dust settled before I asked about it

Hi There,

Could you please try updating your X theme & Cornerstone plugin to the latest version?

http://theme.co/changelog/

Let us know how it goes!

Thank you. I didn’t see those updates!
I’ve done them all but there is no difference.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! I have investigated the issue and it seems that the image is not showing because of your custom css. You have this code which hides the product featured image:

.single-post .entry-featured, 
.single-x-portfolio .entry-featured, 
.page .entry-featured {
    display: none;
}

In order to resolve this issue, you will need to add this custom css:

body .product .entry-featured {
    display: block !important;
}

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

1 Like

fantastic! that is perfect, thank you so much!

You’re welcome as always!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.