Wired.com Style Links

I have a client that’s asked if the links on his website can have the same style as those on the wired.com website. Here’s an example:

I can alter the underline height but I’ve tried a number of CSS and PHP tweaks to emulate the hover feature without success.

Any advice would be welcome.

TIA!

Hi there,

Please try this code:

.entry-content a {
    background-color: transparent;
    color: inherit;
    text-decoration: none;
    -webkit-transition: background .15s cubic-bezier(0.33, 0.66, 0.66, 1);
    -o-transition: background .15s cubic-bezier(0.33, 0.66, 0.66, 1);
    transition: background .15s cubic-bezier(0.33, 0.66, 0.66, 1);
    border-bottom: 3px solid #b4e7f8;
    -webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 -4px 0 #b4e7f8;
    box-shadow: inset 0 -4px 0 #b4e7f8;
    overflow-wrap: break-word;
    word-break: break-word;
    word-wrap: break-word;
}

.entry-content a:hover {
    background-color: #b4e7f8;
}

Thanks very much Jade! That works perfectly in all browsers except Safari for some reason.

If you can think of a tweak that would allow it to work with Safari as well it would truly be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Rich

Hi there,

I checked the code in the Safari Mac version 11 and it is working with no problem. Kindly clear your browser cache or use another device to check the website.

I am sure you will understand that this is a customization request which is outside of our support scope and my colleague did his best to give the starting code for your customization path.

Implementing cross-browser version and future maintaining of the code will be on your shoulders.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Christopher. It is indeed working in all browsers now.

Thanks again!

Glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.