Wierdness after theme update

Hi,

I had a whole string that I was communicating with you about RandyLawrenceHomes.com and now I don’t see it in “My Posts”. The footer on the Contact Us page has shifted to the upper right side of the page. Screenshot attached.

I had rolled back the site this morning, apparently while you were also looking into the issue, causing even further confusion. After rolling back the site and redoing my updates, I have identified that the issue came in when I updated X Theme to the current version. The site is running on X, not Pro, but has a Pro License attached to it. The site was built using Visual Composer from before you added Cornerstone.

It sounded like you almost had the issue resolved but I did not realize you were looking at it when I was attempting to roll it back… I will supply login and FTP again, and stay out of the site for the rest of the day while you look into it.

Hey,

I fixed your problem adding this custom CSS code:

  -webkit-flex-wrap: wrap;
          flex-wrap: wrap;
}
footer.x-colophon.bottom {
    width: 100%;
}```

And it is happening because there is some unclosed HTML tag in your page.

Thank you. I greatly appreciate the help. I will look into the unclosed HTML tag, although not sure where that could be since this issue just popped up with the latest update.

One thing that I am still seeing on the footer is that the Contact page doesn’t quite match the rest of the site after the edits you put in place. See attached screenshots where the menu area is no longer centered with the full background showing to the sides. I feel this might be due to the 100% width you added. Can we make that part centered instead of full width?

Thanks again for all of your support,
Dawn

Hi,

To fix it, you can add this code as well.

body .x-colophon {
    background: transparent !important;
    width: 100%;
}

body .x-colophon.top {
    padding:0;
}


body .x-colophon .x-container.max.width{
    background-color:#efebe3;
}

Hope that helps.

Hi,

Just coming back to this one after working on several other projects… I have inserted the above code, but it’s still not quite right. Now it has what looks like a break between the body and the footer. If I scale the page down to a smaller browser window, it looks even more funky (see attached). Not understanding how this one page got thrown out of whack. It’s not affecting the rest of the site, but I did see that if I create a new page, it inherits this new funkiness.

Any other ideas?
Dawn

Hi there,

Please add the following:

body .x-colophon .x-container.max.width {
    width: 100%;
}

footer.x-colophon.bottom {
    padding: 5px 0;
}

Hope this helps.

It’s finally back to where we started. Thank you so much for all of your help with this one!

Greatly appreciated!
Dawn

You’re most welcome, Dawn.