Why so many options now?

So with the newest set of updates I’m continually confused by all of the “options” the theme and layouts now provide. It used to be simple to use and very intuitive. I tried X Pro on one other site and it feels even more cluttered and non intuitive than that interface was.

What gives?

If people want more control, let them use X Pro. If they want clean design and less options to mess up, let them use X.

Now I’m dealing with a major change to my site since the last update.
Your “Classic” Feature Box has now been changed and looks completely different than when it was originally set up.

I chose X because of the constant maintenance and updates you provide that made me feel like I could use your system long term vs changing templates every year or two due to bugs or security issues. Now I feel Iike I can’t use X because when you have made recent update you have broken parts of the site. Not to mention it’s crazy confusing to use when you see all of the element settings etc on the left instead of a clean setup.

How often will that happen down the line!? This site is in re-build phase for about a month now and during the build things change to where we have to re-design and work things broken by your update? Seriously?

For instance - Feature boxes used to have image left option and now…nope.
http://wordpress-116574-332101.cloudwaysapps.com/best-online-personal-trainer/

So 24+ hrs later…nothing? Seriously? This is the same X theme I bought under the guise of full support, we care about you, you ARE our business?
Yeah, that’s what I figured.
Thanks for nothing Theme.co

They’re turning it into WIX - so anyone can be a webmaster!

But, you can turn off some of it - or, stay with an older theme and run with it till it breaks - and then you can decide then if you want to patch your old theme, or update.

Many wordpress dev’s run their own custom themes without constant updating until it needs it.

No response still from Theme.co? What the heck is going on with support???

Hey Rick,

Rubin here, part of the leadership team.

By replying in your own topic several times you’ve pushed yourself down the queue several times which basically put you back at the end of the queue. Posts from other members are not pushing you back in the queue only your own ones.

You can control which elements you see in your content builder library. The options are V2 which includes the advanced controls that you are pointing out. The classic options gives you the standard elements that you’re familiar with.

Hope that helps and clears up the confusion on the long support time.

Fair enough you can hide advanced controls…
BUT this does not help with the main issue of the “Featured Box” no longer acting as it had in the past. The layout of the classic item now behaves totally different than before netting an unintended design result.
In the previous, the image was allowed to be aligned to the left of the text in the Title/Content of the item.
Now it is forced above or below.
THIS is my real problem.

Hi there,

Thank you for reporting this. I was able to replicate this issue and I have added this in our issue tracker so that our developers could check it.

For the meantime, please try to add this code in the custom CSS:

.left-text.top-text.x-feature-box .x-feature-box-content {
    width: 70%;
    display: inline-block;
    vertical-align: top;
}

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.