Why is there no "size" option in Image element options?

Hi, I’m looking for “width” and “height” options in the Image element, but not finding any?

Talking about the page builder here. Seems like this is the most important thing about images, but there’s no option?

Sorry if I’m missing it.

How do I define the size as is?

And what about alignment? I want my image left aligned for example.

Why are there no options for this?

Please see example in secure note thanks.

Hey,

Thank you for writing in!

The width and height will be defined in your image size (if I upload an image 2000x1500 - it will be the dimensions).

Now, about the align, you can define it in the section or column settings.

Hi John! Sorry I need a bit more help here.

On the web, people often tend to upload images of one size, and then use HTML/CSS to define how large or small it needs to be within a given content space—ultimately not knowing the sizes it will be used for.

A great example of this is for retina/non-retina screens, where one could upload an image that is 2X the resolution, but then “shrink” the image to 1/2 the size. Another example is when I change my theme presentation I do often will not want to resize all my images. A third is to use the same image in multiple places at multiple sizes.

The common denominator is that one needs to be able to explicitly specify the height and width of how the image appears. This is just normal practice.

Also, what you did not mention is that the builder will naturally size images to fit their containers, don’t they?

As such could you please share a workaround to allow me to specify the sizes of my images in the page builder?

Also, can you please help me to submit a feature request for this image option element? As well as an alignment option?

Thanks!

Hi There,

On the image element, o Cornerstone tab, at the bottom you have a style box

You can add

max-width: 500px; margin: auto;

Please let us know more details about your feature request and we will forward it to our developers.

Thank you

Thanks. Are explicit size and alignment UI options forthcoming for the page builder image element?

Please advise thanks.

Hi There,

Unfortunately we cannot provide any information regarding this at the moment.

It will be out very soon, please stay tuned!

Thank you