Why is the Why is the lightbox shortcode not working with WordPress 5.6?

Hi

lightbox shortcode not working after WordPress 5.6 update,

I have a lot of pages with lightbox shortcode into my site.

Please help me

Daniele

Hello Daniele,

Thanks for writing in! In most cases, lightboxes will not wor if there are JS error on the page. It could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

• Testing for Plugin Conflict
  • Theme Update
  • Child Theme
  • CSS/JS Customization
  • Disabling Cache
  • Disabling CDN

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

He an example of page with lightbox shirtcode not working:

Thank You

Daniele

Hi Daniele,

Thanks for reaching out.

There’s some problem in the lightbox with the new version of WordPress 5.6. I suggest that you will downgrade your WordPress to 5.5 to temporarily fix the issue. You can use this plugin to downgrade your website https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-downgrade/ temporarily. Maybe this issue will be solved with the new version of Pro and it will be release anytime soon.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Same issue here though I’m not a Pro user, lightbox stopped working across my website. Hours of troubleshooting (testing for plugin conflict/caching issues etc).
I ended up here, was about to start a thread and figured i’d try one last search. Your thread popped up. All my lightboxes are now empty. Downgrading WP is a frustrating solution, a step backwards. Any idea when we could expect an update @Themeco?

Hi Cleopatra,

This might be due to the version compatibility issue with WordPress, we strongly recommend that you stick with the versions listed in our version compatibility page for now to avoid issues. You can also try by updating the theme and Cornerstone to the updated version, which has been already released.
I recommend you take a backup of your database and the files before you update it. So if anything goes wrong, you can restore it from the backup. Please let us know if the issue still exists after you update the theme and plugins.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.