White screen broken site

Hello,
I have been installing a pro version in the last weeks. I just figured out that the website is no longer accessible, with a white screen.
In the debug mode I do have a error :“Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/…/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1568”
Memory is set to 512 in the wp config.
I tried to desactivate the plugin folder to gain control of the interface, but did not solve it.
What would be your suggestions ?
Thanks,
A.

Hello @californie1,

Thanks for writing in!

It would be better if you get in touch with hosting provider as error is not related with Pro instead it’s the issue with Mysql database wherein extension is deprecated. You can also try out the solution mentioned in following thread:

Thanks.

Thanks for the info. I will work with my provider to go further.

Although, on the same server I do have other active wordpress websites with Theme X, and those ones do not have any issues like this one, so it has to do somewhat with Theme Pro in some ways.
Is it possible isome version of MySQL, or PHP or anything would need to be updated specially for Theme X ? (Current PHP version: 5.6.25 and MySQL version: 5.5.57)

And again when I did install this site with Theme X, it was working with no difficulties. So that does not seem to fully explain the problem here in my mind.

What do you think ? Thanks for your help.

Hi There,

Your PHP version seems to be alright and also your MySQL version. What’s your WordPress version ?

According to your initial error, you need to enable PHP mysqli or PDO extension to resolve this issue.

Thanks!

Hello,
My wordpress is latest version 4.8.1
I am working with my provider to enable mysqli or pdo extension.
Do you have any idea why this is a problem with my Theme Pro site, as the others Theme X sites on the same server have no problem so far ?
Thanks

Hi There,

The mysql_* functions has been deprecated as of PHP v5.5.0. If you had PHP v5.6.x running on your server when installing WordPress & X, you should not get that errors. So better to get more details from your hosting provider with regard to this issue.

Thanks!

Many thanks for your help.

We’re delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!