White rectangle in images in Ethos 1 slider

In Ethos 1 in the slider under the navigation bar I am getting white rectangles where the titles of the posts should be. In the Ethos 1 demonstration, all you see are the titles in white letters, with no box in sight. It seems that these boxes are the holders for the titles of the posts since one post with a longer title has a taller white rectangle sitting on top of its photo. I’m guessing that the settings have white letters against a white background and that the opacity of the background is set to 1, so that the white letters are indistinguisable from the white background and what’s left is a big white box, but I cannot figure out how to change the opacity setting or the colors of the background or letters.

Also, on a related note, I’d like to figure out how to change the transparency of the boxes holding the titles for the articles featured in the carousel. Again, the opacity seems to be set to 1, but this is not such an issue with the carousel because the title box is at the bottom of the photo and the box background color here is gray, against which the titles are visible…

Hey There,

Thanks for writing in! ​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials, if necessary, so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can replay and create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password (only if necessary)

Thank you.

Hi–

I have created a secure note with the login credentials. Thank you for your assistance.

Robert

Hey Robert,

Thanks for providing the credentials. I have logged and already checked your site.

1.) You are having this white background because you have installed Easy Google Fonts plugin. This plugin overrides the heading tags and added a white background color which is why you have a white text on white background. Please disable this plugin and you will see the result.

2.) Once the Easy Google Fonts plugin is disabled, you will notice that the boxes will becomes transparent. By default it is 0.5, if you want to adjust it, please add the following CSS code in the X > Launch > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

.h-entry-cover:before {
    background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.35)
}

You can have 0.0 to 1.0 for the transparency.

Hope this helps.

Thanks very much. That was an easy fix. I thought I had already deactivated the Google fonts as part of getting rid of everything associated with the previous theme, but I obviously didn’t.

Glad that you have managed to fix the issue :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.