Where have the footer widgets gone in pro?

Hi

I’m using a pro footer, do I need to add the widget areas manually? The widgets in the old footer area do not show up, although it is set in the customiser to show 4.

Also, the site looks really weird in IE, the header squishes to the left when the logo should be in the middle. And it has a double scroll bar. And the drop downs in the menu start at the top instead of under the main menu item.

thanks! none of this is urgent :slight_smile:

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, no you won’t have the footer widget areas if you have a custom footer even if you enable it.

You need to setup a 1 Bar, 4 Container on your footer to create a 4 columns footer and then fill those columns with the elements.

Please watch the clips here on how flexbox works.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

thank you, how do I make the whole row taller? My widgets are creeping into the content of the site.

Hi There,

Adjust your Bar height or set it to auto and give some top and bottom padding on it. And make sure there is no max-height set on your container.

screenshot

I am seeing that your footer bar and containers seems not properly aligned, if you’re having issue with that, please watch how the Flexbox works on the link I’ve provided above.

Cheers!

thanks, I have watched and watched, and checked out the links to more tutorials, it is a steep learning curve!

I didn’t know you could type in ‘auto’ !
fantastic, huge thanks!!!

You’re welcome! :slight_smile: