When I edit one of my pages everything looks fine. Viewing the site everything changes

I’ve recently viewed every page on my website in mobile and desktop. Everything looked fine. I wanted to make some changes. I started with the home page and it came out perfect. I went to another page and got things looking like I want. However, viewing the page (X theme) outside of Cornerstone, the page changes dramatically. I’m not sure what’s going on. It looked fine live one minute and messed up the next. Can you help please?
I’ve attached screenshots to show the differences

1 Like

Same issue here (and more). The current state makes using the theme impossible. When the issue is not resolved by the X-team, changing the theme is an inevitable next steps for me.

These are the issues I observed with the new Pro, X AND Cornerstone updates:

1. Customization of a site is possible in general. However, when reopening or refreshing the editor of the updated page, all changes get lost - it seems like any changes are not saved in the backend.
  2. Pages are not synced with the native wordpress - When deleting a page in wordpress, the same page is still shown in the editor under the “Content”-section
  3. Frequently edited sites get broken (like shown in the post above) - issue can be recreated when clicking the refresh-button in the native wordpress-editor.

The problem most likely is an Update-related issue that effects the whole X-theme infrastructure. Please provide an update on the root cause of this problem and the prospective time schedule of the bug fix.

Best Julian

Hello Ramon,

Thanks for writing in! You are experiencing this issue because of your optimizing plugin. You may have installed a caching plugin or a minify plugin. Be advised that any plugin that caches or minify the file resources are best to TURN ON when you are done building the site and ready to go live. It could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

Testing for Plugin Conflict
Disabling Cache
Disabling CDN

If after trying all of the above things you are still experiencing problems, please reply below, including login details to your site in a secure note, so that we can investigate further. You can add a secure note by clicking on the key icon underneath your post and then entering the details into the modal that appears. This way, the information will only be seen by you and us.

Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

@Berzborn:
At this time we kindly ask that you open up your issue in a separate thread along with your login details. The longer threads get in the forum, they become more difficult to support as they tend to drift off-topic and they also make it troublesome for users trying to search for solutions. Keeping threads relevant to their original inquiry ensures that we can keep better track of what has been resolved and that users can more effectively find answers to similar issues they might be experiencing.

Best Regards.

Hey Ramon,

I checked the page and it’s not using Cornerstone. The pages built using Cornerstone are fine.

Please give us the specific page URL having the issue you described.

Thanks.

I wasn’t sure where to reply with requested URL. It’s been added to the secure note and here. Thank you Christian.
https://contentdonewrite.org/about/

Hey Ramon,

Sorry I haven’t noticed the URL previously. I see the issue now and it looks like the page is corrupted. I’m not sure of the reason though but a quick solution I did is I saved the page as a template using the Template Manager and then loaded it to a test page. Once I saw the test page is working, I made it your About page.

Hope that helps.

Hi Christian
It most certainly helps. Thank you for you assistance. Have a happy New Year!

Hi Ramon,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you. If you have any other concerns regarding our theme features, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.