When I activate the Pro theme, I get the error and the site crashes

Hello,
Today I opted-in for the Pro update.

When I activate the Pro theme, the site crashes, and I get the following error:

Error: Call to undefined function tco_common() in ...\wp-content\themes\pro\framework\legacy\functions\admin\class-validation-updates.php on line 46

For the last few hours, I’ve been trying to figure it out with no success.

I also made a fresh installation of the latest version of the WP, and no plugins are activated.
Latest Pro theme, no child theme.

The same result.

I’m out of ideas.

Can you please help me out?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers.

PS:
Call stack:

# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0036 518416 {main}( ) ...\admin.php **:** 0
2 0.3674 34174488 require_once( '[removed path for security reasons]\wp-admin\admin-header.php' ) ...\admin.php **:** 239
3 0.3684 34181280 do_action( ) ...\admin-header.php **:** 118
4 0.3684 34181552 WP_Hook->do_action( ) ...\plugin.php **:** 476
5 0.3684 34181552 WP_Hook->apply_filters( ) ...\class-wp-hook.php **:** 331
6 0.3691 34189152 X_Validation->enqueue_scripts( ) ...\class-wp-hook.php **:** 307
7 0.3692 34189616 X_Validation->get_module_data( ) ...\class-validation.php **:** 68
8 0.3696 34193376 X_Validation_Updates->script_data( ) ...\class-validation.php **:** 28
9 0.3696 34193680 X_Validation_Updates->get_latest_version( ) ...\class-validation-updates.php **:** 91

Hello @dasbios,

Thanks for writing in! Are you upgrading from the X theme to the Pro theme? If this is the case, you may have installed outdated X extensions. Please deactivate those plugins and then you can activate the Pro theme. You can also do the following:

If nothing is helping, we would love to check your site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello @ruenel,

Thank you for the provided links. I went through everything stated in the links, and from our side, it should be OK.

I’m testing on a new and empty WP setup with no active plugins and without a child theme.

I’m sending you access information in Secure Note.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers.

Hello @dasbios,

Thanks for sharing the login details I went ahead and check your settings, it seems that your sever PHP version is 8.0.12. It might be the issue of version compatibility issue, I would suggest you please sure your theme, plugins, WordPress, and PHP version(7.4) are updated as per our version compatibility page.

It is also recommended by WordPress as well please have a look at this article.

I would suggest you please contact your hosting provider to downgrade the PHP version to 7.4. After setting the PHP version to 7.4 and if the issue still persists please share your FTP login details so that we can debug at your end.

Thanks

Hello @prakash_s,

I checked, and everything is per your version compatibility page.

Theme: Latest version of your theme (Pro)
Plugins: None
WordPress: Latest version
PHP: 8.012, which is 7.4+ as stated per your version compatibility specification

PHP is now downgraded to version 7.4, and the problem still persists.

I’m sending you FTP info over the secure note.

Cheers.

Hello @dasbios,

Regretfully we cannot connect to your FTP.
Please double-check.

• See the secure note.

Thank you.

I’m updating Secure note.

Hello @dasbios,

We still cannot connect using the port 6021.

Please check the FTP credentials again. Thanks.

Hello @ruenel,

we made some changes on the server.

Please try again.

Cheers.

Hi @dasbios,

It might be due to an improper update or upload of *Pro. I went ahead and reuploaded it by deleting the Pro through the FTP and now it is working properly.

Thanks

Hello @tristup,

Now it works!

Yes, you are right. It does look like it was a corrupted decompression of the theme or the problem with the upload, which went unnoticed.

Thank you for solving the problem and for your support.

Have a great day.

Hey @dasbios,

You’re welcome! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.