Hi, I was building a page in cornerstone (I’m using X Pro) and my host server went down right before I hit the Save button (I am OCD about hitting that little Save button, because I’ve had so many issues over the years with losing hours of work while working with Wordpress). Because the server had just gone down, the Saving progress bar went all the way to the end, but never completed the Save action. So the Save button was no longer clickable.
I left the page like that, and opened a new tab to contact my hosting provider (WP Engine). They confirmed the server issue, and in 4 minutes it was back up and running. My hope was that the cornerstone app/script would detect that the server was back up, and finish the Save process, but it continued to hang, unsaved, with the Save button unclickable 
I didn’t want to lose the work I had done, so I came to the Theme.co forums and tried to find a thread addressing this issue, but I couldn’t. So I tried to reload the browser window, hoping that Cornerstone would save all my changes in the browser cache or something on the clientside, but alas this was not the case. My changes were lost.
So my question is: what should I have done in this situation? Is there any way to save my changes when the server goes down temporarily and then comes back up? Is there some sort of protocol that I’m unaware of for this scenario? If not, I’d like to submit this as a feature request/enhancement for the cornerstone editor application. Some way of saving recent changes on the client side so that in the event of a temporary server outage, work is not lost. Is this possible?
Thanks.