What does the Gutters setting under Content Sizing for bars in header builder do?

It appeared in a semi-recent update and I can’t find any documentation about it. I’ve experimented and it doesn’t seem to do anything to the bar. I’ve also searched the available documentation, plus release notes, but see no mention of it.

Is it perhaps intended to replace the old Outer Spacing setting that used to be in bars but is no longer available?

I ask because with the outer spacing removed my old headers have broken (or more specifically, their elements now touch the left and right edges of the browser window if the window is sized equivalent to a portrait oriented tablet) and I’m having to retrofit dozens of sites to avoid this. Currently I’ve been going in, changing the header height to auto then adding padding to the bar, but I’m hoping there is an even easier way with less clicks.

Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 5.31.35 PM

Hello @NMWeb,

Thanks for writing to us.

The Gutters setting is used to add the padding left to right inside the Header bar, I have tested it on my local test site and it is working fine at my end. In case if it is not working at your end it might be the issue of cache, plugin conflict, or custom CSS code that is overriding the element style.

I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache

If none of those work, please send your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact Header Name or URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.