Weird Text Flicker in Header Navigation Menu

Hi Themeco! I felt like I had a few issues initially getting the font manager to work with my header but now I think everything is okay. I mention this in case it’s related to the weird flicker I’m getting.

When I reload my website page, I notice a flicker of the navigation menu text before it appears as I have set it in the header options. It’s almost like it starts off as Helvetica and then I can visibly see it switch to Oswald. I am going to include a link to a short youtube video I uploaded as well as the webpage in a secret message so you can see what I mean. What do you think could be the issue?

Thank you!

Hey there,

That is called FOUT or flash of unstyled text. There are ways to eliminate FOUT but this would be outside the scope of our support. Try the suggestions outlined at https://www.paulirish.com/2009/fighting-the-font-face-fout/.

Thanks.

Oh how interesting, it’s a real thing! Thank you so much for your response, I’ll try it out.

Glad to hear that. :slight_smile: