Weird line of code in the footer

Hello dear team,

I have recently noticed a strange line of code in the footer of the PRO websites:

/* ]]> */

code
Can you tell me if this is caused by the theme or what exactly it is due to?

Examples: neopaq.de / eac-consulting.de

Best,
Christopher

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have checked both websites but didn’t find any such code in the footer. If you are still seeing that, might be due to some JavaScript or CSS code added and commented wrongly. I would suggest you check the Global CSS and Global JS and also Appearance > Customizer.
Please remember that custom CSS code is beyond the scope of Theme Support, I would suggest you hire a developer who can assist you in doing the customization or you can avail of our newly launched service called One, where we answer the questions beyond normal theme support.

Thanks

I had this recently and it was coming from the Google tracker script, they have now updated to version 4 and removed the need to have the script on each page. Check the Google site kit for more info.

1 Like

Hey @Kennyboy7,

Thanks for chiming in with your idea, we really appreciate your time and effort. @cdelagarza, let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

I also had a plugin provider (WPForms) check the problem as I thought the line of code was added after an update of it. However, I have now received feedback from support that the line of code definitely comes from you or from the theme:

Hi Christopher,
Thank you for confirming!
I checked your site with the troubleshooting plugin and found out that when I activate WordPress default theme, the issue resolves:
https://a.supportally.com/i/Li4wtK
It looks like the code is being added by the theme in the footer. Can you please check with your theme developer regarding this?
I hope this helps! Could you please let me know if you have any questions?
Thanks! :slight_smile:

weird-code

Hi Christopher,

The issue you described here is not visible on the website URL given in your first post. Can you please provide the exact URL where you are the problem, also please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi Tristup,

okay no problem. Let’s try first: neopaq.de

If you scroll down to the footer, you can see the /* ]]> */ line.

Best, Christopher

Hi Christopher,

I have checked and found that the script tag has been added to the Footer JS, and that is the reason behind your problem. Please remember that you can add the JavaScript code into the JS sections, not the script tags or any external JS files.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

That really helped, mega! Thanks for sticking with it.

Best, Christopher

You are most welcome, @cdelagarza.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.