Weird cornerstone edit page caching

Hi there

I’m just wondering if anyone else has experienced an issue where the front-end and backend (edit) views of a Cornerstone page are out of sync in the same browser?

When I edit the page Cornerstone is presenting an outdated version of the content in the edit view which then means the user is saving old over new when making further changes.

The really annoying part is this only seems to happen sometimes. I have checked browser cache settings, ensured no third-party caching of server optimisations such as minification or CDN are enabled and disabled other site plugins to rule those out.

I’m at a loss as to where else it could be getting the old page stuck in memory.

The site is running the latest 5.1.5 Pro with WordPress 5.9.2 on SiteGround hosting and I’ve tested in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari with a similar effect.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.
Simon

Hey Simon,

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you clear the Cornerstone cache by going to Cornerstone > Settings > System tab and hit the Clear Style cache button.

If it doesn’t help, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Hey @marc_a, Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I did clear the style cache as well as set the browsers in question to be much more aggressive clearing cache data when closing windows, etc. but this issue has been ongoing for quite some time… I have done a thorough comparison of operating environments (all Macs running Chrome/Firefox) and cannot identify any clear indication of why it happens. I’ll add login details to a secure note and will try to identify a page where you may be able to see the issue in play.

Hi Simon,

I have checked the page from the Page Builder and found the exact elements and output shown in the frontend.

Thanks

Thanks… Given this is happening on multiple machines is it possible the caching is happening somewhere at the network (or ISP) level??

It’s making things very difficult to use as the risk of repeated data loss is not insignificant.

If I clear cookies and site data, log in again as that kills the login session too, it does show the correct content in the editor… but I can’t ask users to clear their browser cache every time they edit a page…

I’m at a loss as to where else to look to solve this issue. What other possible reasons could there be for you experiencing a different result to mine?

Hey Simon,

The content is just working fine on our end. Since it works on our end, what’s happening on your end could be related to your browser, computer and/or your ISP’s connection to your web host. It’s not possible for us to investigate those factors. What we could suggest is to try another browser (without browser extensions), a different computer, and a different internet connection.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.