Weird changes with latest X Theme update

Dear All,

I’ve been experiencing weird changes to my website and I’m thinking it could be due to the latest X Theme update. Product pictures on the shop page are are downgraded to low quality, menu is not functioning on mobile, body text fonts have changed.

Any advice on how to restore?

Thanks, Oliver

Hey Oliver,

Please also make sure to update Cornerstone to the latest version to avoid incompatibility issue. Here is a link for a details information on how to do an update:

Please remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors or any unexpected display issue on the site.

Hope this helps.

Dear Jade,

Thanks for your quick feedback. I am having trouble validating Cornerstone in Wordpress with my license code (originally purchased through Envato Market / Themeforest). Could you please advise?

Thanks,

Oliver

Hey Oliver,

You do not need to validate Cornerstone in order to update it since it already comes with your X license.

If you have validated X, you should also be able to update Cornerstone as well.

The most recent version of X should automatically install Cornerstone when X is active so you can try to login through FTP then go to wp-content/plugins then backup the current cornerstone directory that is in there. Once you have a backup, delete the cornerstone directory then go back to your Wordpress admin. Cornerstone should automatically be installed and activated.

If the issue persists, please provide us with the admin access to your site in a Secure Note:

Dear Jade,

Thanks for your feedback.

According to your message, and as I checked, I am running the latest version of X, meaning that Cornerstone is also updated to the latest version. All Woocommerce and Wordpress are updated to latests.

I am still experiencing the below difficulties:

• Body text font changed;
  • Cannot open menu icon (hence menu) on mobile;
  • Images blurred in shop catalog (but not on product pages);
  • Previously erased “Add to Cart” button on Woocommerce product images is back for whatever reason.

Any idea what could cause these? Could this be something with the latest version of X? I have never had this and am quite puzzled, not sure what is the source of the issue.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Oliver

Hey Oliver,

I checked your setup and I see you’ve the outdated / incompatible version of Cornerstone with the latest version of X. Please note that you need to update X and Cornerstone separately, only updating X won’t update Cornerstone. Please update the Cornerstone plugin to the latest version to fix the issue.

Let us know how this goes!

Dear Nabeel,

Thanks for your advice, I did accordingly and it indeed solved the majority of my problems. I am still experiencing this weird thing on the Woocommerce page where thumbnail images for products are blurred, but they’re normal when you click into the product page.

Site is: www.yetealeaves.com

Any idea how to fix this issue? Could this be Woocommerce - X compatibility issue?

Thanks,

Oliver

Hello @oliverkovecsesm,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I checked the website and though the image are showing up fine but there is some bit of pixelation. I suggest you to try out the solution shared in following thread and let us know how it goes:

Thanks.

Hi Prasant,

Thanks for your reply. I added it in the child theme accordingly but no change in WooCommerce. Sending a screenshot attached of what Woocommerce shows up.

Any other way to get around this?

Thanks,

Oliver

Hello Oliver,

Please go to Appearance > Customize > WooCommerce > Product Images and make sure that the Product Catalog image size is at least 480x480. You can then install Regenerate Thumbnails plugin so that the product images will be regenerated. And after making all this changes, since you have installed a caching plugin W3 Total Cache, please clear your plugin cache and regenerate the minified JS/CSS files before testing your site. This can cause the changes to not take place on the front end. It will eventually show up when the cache regenerates, but it’s not ideal if you’re looking to see your changes immediately.

If nothing is helping, Would you mind providing us access to your site so that we can check your settings? Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Best Regards.

Hi RueNel,

Thanks for your instructions, this did the job! Grateful for your support.

Best regards,

Oliver

You’re most welcome, Oliver.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.