Website's Been Down Since WordPress Updated

Since May 6, my website has been down. I believe this was caused by the update to WordPress 6.5.2 which is incompatible with my Themco Pro version. Please help me to fix this.

Hello @MichaelRiedeman,

Thanks for writing in! You can log in to your hosting panel and find the File Manager. Go to the theme’s folder and delete the Pro 5.1.4 version. Log in to your Themeco account and download the latest Pro theme version. If you have FTP details, you can do this using FileZilla or any FTP software.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Thank you, Ruenel.

I thought I followed your instructions as intended, but my website still shows service unavailable when I put the domain directly into the browser URL bar.

Hello Michael,

Please provide us with your WP access and FTP access. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Please see the secure note attached to my previous message. Thank you.

Hi Michael,

Your website is still showing the Critical Error issue. Can you please provide the FTP/CPanel details, as requested by my colleague in his post, for further assistance?

Thanks

Hi Tristup,

Your colleague didn’t ask me to provide FTP/CPanel details. He told me that I could download the latest Pro theme version using FileZilla or any FTP software… which I did do, but had no success with that.

So now I just sent you another “Secure Note” above with my Filezilla and hosting company details. Is that what you need now to proceed?

Thanks, Michael

Hey Michael,

We cannot seem to connect using the given credentials.

• See the secure note below

Thanks.

Hi Ruenel. Thank you, but I don’t see any secure note attached below.

By the way, the secure notes are only offered below my email boxes, not below yours.

Hi Michael,

I also tried to connect your Hosting Account, but it seems that there is some authentication is required and it is sending some code to the registered email id. I also tried to connect the FTP but it is not working too, like my colleague.

Can you please check the FTP details and reshare it again, alternatively you can check if the authentication can be disabled temporarily for our investigation.

Thanks

On Filezilla, I can login fine with these credentials shown in the secure folder.

Also, I want to say that I already did transfer the complete Themeco “Pro” folder into / > public_html > wp-content > themes. It’s already in there with all of its subfolders and files. I made that transfer last week. So why doesn’t the site load properly still?

Hey Michael,

I have double-checked the files in the folder. You should be able to log in to the WP dashboard now.
You may continue updating the WP core and other plugins.

Cheers.

Thanks much, Ruenel.

The website is live and looks totally functional again. The plugins are all updated. I wasn’t sure what you meant by updating the WP core. If you could let me know what that refers to, or whether I need to do anything more, I’d appreciate it.

Thank you!

Hey Michael,

Since everything is all updated, I think your site is all good.

Thanks.

Thank you much for your help!

Hi Michael,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.