Website not working after upgrading to the latest version

Dear support,

I just upgraded the latest version of X and cornerstone then some parts of the website can’t be shown and displaying errors. The resolution of the website is also narrower.

There is no problem after updating theme x but it show problems after I upgraded cornerstone.

I have captured the error screens and will send the image link to you.

I have restored the website so you can’t see the problems now. Could you please take a look the error images and let me know what’s wrong?

Cheers,
Ken

Hello Ken,

Thanks for writing in! After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

And also, before you update to the latest X Theme and Cornerstone plugin version, make sure that you are up to date with the latest versions:

• WordPress 5.7.1
  • PHP 7.4

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog:

We would highly recommend that you create a staging site. The staging site is very useful because you can test drive any X updates in the staging area, do the customizations and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed with the update on the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi ruenel,

Thanks for the reply. Did you see the images I mentioned in the secure note? They are showing errors in the pages so I don’t think it is because of the cache issue.

Cheers,
Ken

Hi Ken,

We can’t replicate your issue on our development website. I suggest that you copy your website into a staging area so that we can trouble the issue. Then, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Access

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.