Website is soooo slow, trying to optimize

Hi,

Ok so I’m in the process of optimizing my site. I’m trying to resize/compress all my images. Trying to set up a way to automatically resize user submitted images, going to reactivate W3Total. Might even consider CDN, only if these don’t do the job (don’t have a very large budget). My server reponse time is not bad, it was about 500ms yesterday. Just read through the Customizations - Performance article, will check out gzip.

My concern right now is the theme. There are sooooo many files that I don’t believe I’m even using for my site: ie. woocommerce, cornerstone, buddypress, bbpress, different stacks, templates 1 - 8 (I don’t even know what these templates are for), etc etc.

Could I decrease page loading time by getting rid of these unused files?

If I could get some guidance/advice that would be great.

Thanks!

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! All the theme files does not affect your site’s performance. No matter how many or little theme files are, the site loading depends on the elements and other resources being loaded on the page. The page templates, 8 page templates, if you are not using it, it will not be loaded in the front end thus does not contribute to your sites slow page loading.

I have tested your site’s performances and it appears that the homepage alone is 1.7MB with a total of 8.82 seconds load time. To know more about this results and get the recommendations on how to get it load more faster, please check it here:

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.