Website HTTP Error 500

Hello,
I host with y’all. After updating my website I keep getting an HTTP error 500 and it will not let me log into my site. I’m wondering what I can do to fix this. Thank you.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! In most cases, error 500 is because of fatal error. Fatal error can be triggered with several reasons. Please make sure that you have meet the WordPress requirements like required MySQL and PHP versions. The fatal error can also be triggered when there is a PHP memory limit exhaustion. When this happens, ​we recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

If nothing is working, please enable the debug mode so that we will know what this fatal error all about. You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding define( 'WP_DEBUG' , true ); just above /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */
For example:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, you should have some error output describing the issue in more detail.

Please let us know how it goes.

Got it, thanks!

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.