Website gone

Hey there,

After the Cornerstone update my website is gone. I can still edit it in the backend but when you go to the website it displays:
This page isn’t working

eredivisiepicks.nl redirected you too often.
Try to clear your cookies.
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Can’t seem to get in WordPress now eiter

Cornerstone seems to be the whole problem. My provider recommended me to manually delete cornerstone. Would this be a problem for the website?

Hi There,

You need Cornerstone in order that your theme works.

You can delete it, that would not cause any long-term issues, but once you access Wp Admin > X

Cornerstone will be re-installed and you should have it active in order that your site works.

If you keep facing issues after this procedure, please provide your URL, Wordpress and FTP credentials in a secure note.

Thank you

Thanks for your reply!

I’ve tried disabling it, didn’t work. Then I tried to delete it but that wasn’t possible somehow.

You can see my credentials in the secure note

Hi there,

Unfortunately, the given credentials are not working and we could not access to SFTP. I suggest that you access to SFTP and go to wp-content/plugins and delete the Cornerstone folder.

I doubt that the Too Many Redirects problem is caused by Cornerstone, but that is the way to make sure.

After the site is back, kindly update the theme to version 5.2.2 and Cornerstone to 2.1.3.

Thank you.

I can also give other credentials, that will work.
I tried to delete cornerstone but I couldn’t.

And I am not sure ofcourse it is cornerstone, but it happened after I updated cornerstone. In the log we can see it is crashing. I am a noob to this so I will give other credentials wich will be easy to acces. If there is any question about it let me know.

Hi there,

I was able to login through you hosting but I am not able to navigate easily because the site language is in Dutch and I am not able to find an option where I could rename the Cornerstone folder that is in the plugins directory through the hosting.

Kindly provide us with the FTP logins that has the access to the site files so that we could check this.

Thank you.