Webfonts Not Working on Mobile

I have copied some webfonts for the font chunkfive to my webserver into a fonts folder. They display fine online in different browsers but not on mobile. No matter what I do I cannot get them to display properly on mobile. I’ve added my @font-face code into my child theme’s style.css file. I even tried re-entering the code on the actual page as well but can’t seem to get it working properly on mobile. Is there something I missed or maybe haven’t written the code for properly? The fonts could be displaying online because I have them active on my computer too. Just want to get everything setup and working properly before I continue building out the site. I appreciate any help you can give me. Here is my code that is inside the style.css file:

@font-face {
font-family: ‘chunkfive’;
src: url(’/home/jtedlock/public_html/fonts/chunkfive-webfont.eot’);
src: url(’/home/jtedlock/public_html/fonts/chunkfive-webfont.eot?#iefix’) format(‘embedded-opentype’),
url(’/home/jtedlock/public_html/fonts/chunkfive-webfont.woff2’) format(‘woff2’),
url(’/home/jtedlock/public_html/fonts/chunkfive-webfont.woff’) format(‘woff’),
url(’/home/jtedlock/public_html/fonts/chunkfive-webfont.ttf’) format(‘truetype’),
url(’/home/jtedlock/public_html/fonts/chunkfive-webfont.svg#chunkfiveroman’) format(‘svg’);
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
}

My website is avescholarsdev.com and I’m hosting the site with GoDaddy. Let me know if you need my credentials or any more information from me.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing around! The path you’ve provided in the code isn’t correct, please replace your code with the following code in your child theme’s style.css file:

@font-face {
    font-family: 'chunkfive';
    src: url('http://www.avescholarsdev.com/fonts/chunkfive-webfont.eot');
    src: url('http://www.avescholarsdev.com/fonts/chunkfive-webfont.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'),
         url('http://www.avescholarsdev.com/fonts/chunkfive-webfont.woff2') format('woff2'),
         url('http://www.avescholarsdev.com/fonts/chunkfive-webfont.woff') format('woff'),
         url('http://www.avescholarsdev.com/fonts/chunkfive-webfont.ttf') format('truetype'),
         url('http://www.avescholarsdev.com/fonts/chunkfive-webfont.svg#chunkfiveroman') format('svg');
    font-weight: normal;
    font-style: normal;
}

Let us know how this goes!

1 Like

You are awesome! Works perfectly fine on my iphone now. I was wondering if the path or some piece of the code wasn’t correct on my part. Thank you so much!

Glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.