Ways to speed up image loading?

Hi-

I’m getting slow load times on the hero image on my site - bostonhypnosis.com. I’ve tried optimizing the image, but it still loads pretty slowly. I’m reluctant to shrink the actual size of it since a good number of people will be loading it on a full size monitor. I’ve looked at a number of other posts, but I haven’t seen this addressed specifically.

Is there any way I could set this up to load more quickly? Thanks.

-Brian

1 Like

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
Seems you have used a 500+ KB GIF image for the background, which is loading slow.
Instead of using GIF image if you could use a same size Progressive JPG image the size will reduce to 60KB and the page will load faster than now.

Here I have attached the same image with Progressive JPG format.

To make the image Progressive just open the image in photoshop and save for web. Please follow the instruction given in the screenshot.

Thanks

Great to have one place/specific instructions for how to do this. Thank you!

Hi there,

As image optimization is not part of the theme, we currently do have any article for those steps but we could look into adding it.

Thank you/

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.