Warning: Undefined array key

I see this appearing in a few posts in this forum and often the answer is along the lines of ‘This is just a PHP warning and doesn’t affect any functionality of your website.’ and advice is to use CSS or update wp-config.php to hide the warnings from the front-end.

I am seeing this warning suddenly appear and I’d like to better understand the ‘why’ and more appropriate resolution behind this than hiding the warning. Seeing the PHP warnings are useful for developers and I don’t necessarily want to sweep any problems under the rug only to bury more important warnings without realising it.

**Warning: Undefined array key "layoutHeader" in /code/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/Assignments.php on line 103**
**Warning: Undefined array key "layoutFooter" in /code/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/Assignments.php on line 107**

Any thoughts on what’s happening and wether this should be raised as a bug?

Thanks,
Michael

Hello Michael,

Thanks for writing in! Are you using the latest version of the Pro theme? Have you created a custom header or custom footer? We would love to check your site installation. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.