Want to enable sidebar at certain pages (not disable them at 90% of the pages)

Hi!

I’ve got an efficiency problem with the X Theme.
I want to do the following:

Enable the sidebar at 2-3 pages, but leave it unabled (full-width) at all other pages.

I can do this by enabling the sidebar lay-out for the entire website and then change the page template to ‘Full-width’. However, this is very inefficient. I wish to do it as follows:

Disable the sidebar lay-out for the entire website and then change the page template on some pages to ‘Content Left, Sidebar Right’.

As far as I can see, this doesn’t work right now. Is there a way you could help me with this?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Hi there,

Unfortunately, you can not use the Layout with Sidebar options in the Page Template unless you set the X > Launch > Options > Layout and Design > Content Layout o something other than Fullwidth.

Unfortunately, this can not be changed due to the deep code integration inside those options and if we want to support such a functionality that means the whole codebase of the theme should change.

You stick with the option which you already mentioned. Set the main layout to have the sidebar and set the inner page template to be full width.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.