Visual Composer google font mixed content error

Hey guys!

I have an issue in the inline editor with visual composer with that fonts.gstatic.com is loaded over http:// in the frontend builder. How do we solve this? Already tried on staging to rewrite in the database but did not solve it.

Hi @Incognito,

Thanks for reaching out.

URLs are relative to the page’s protocol by default. So it should change accordingly. Have you added it to the content statically?

Though, it looks like happening on the backend in which I can’t check. Would you mind providing your site’s URL and admin login credentials in a secure note?

Thanks!

The issue has been resolved it was related to the js_composer plugin we had to replace http url to https in the plugins files.

Glad it’s okay now and thanks for sharing!

But now it’s showing 2 404s (not found) error from the theme files and extra error from the js-composer plugin (screenshot in secure note).

Hello There,

Are you using an SSL plugin? I would recommend that you make sure that your site URL and WordPress address url in Settings > General is using https. You must temporarily disable SSL plugin before changing the settings. If this does not helps, please provide us access to your site so that we can investigate further.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

No those SSL plugins is just redundant, mainly for users that can solve it properly. We do not use that no. Of course we have checked option table in the database and wordpress and site url is correct in general settings as it should be.

I will give you access to the staging environment. Pushed a fresh version fo live to the staging so you can debug. Let me know since we struggle here.

Hey @Incognito,

The credentials you gave does not work. Please give us the correct one.

Thanks.

Which criteria was wrong? the protection or the wordpress. Would save both times to specify instead of saying “did not work”. On my end it works, please try again now :slight_smile:

Sorry I was referring to the WP login. I was able to login by editing your secure note and copying the password their.

I’ve replicated the FontAwesome returning 404 in my test site so I’ll post this in our issue tracker so our development team would be made aware in due time. The Visual Composer JS error does not happen in my test site though. It could be a result of your JS minification and/or third party plugins.

Would you mind deactivating all optimizations, clearing all caches and deactivate all your third party plugins? Are you also using file minification from Cloudflare? Also deactivate it and it’s best to disconnect your site from Cloudflare for a moment.

Also not that Visual Composer Front-end editor does not have in depth support. It’s best that you disable X Integration if you’re going to use it. You will not be able to use X integrated elements though.

Thanks.

Hi ok good. When can that 404 be solved you think?

Ok you can disable and test as you want it’s a staging website thanks. We already tried with and without css and js minify in cloudflare no success. but it’s off now for sure.

What is this or you refer to? Please try what is needed…

I deactivated all third party plugins except Cornerstone and Visual Composer and I see no errors in the console (see secure note). This only means that one or combination of the third part plugins is/are causing the issue.

I was referring to How Visual Composer is Used in X which you can read at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-visual-composer/76. That basically means that you might encounter issues with the Front-end editor of Visual Composer and we could not provide support for it.

Regarding the Font Awesome 404 issue, regretfully, we could not give an ETA.

Thank you for understanding.

You have a broken feature which you should address fairly quick though. Even no ETA you should at least sort this for us so we can continue working with our product.

I have another issue where this is more critical with FA icons on front end see print in secure note.

Ok can you let me know which plugin is causing the issue?

I’m sorry but there’s no quick fix for that.

Your other issue is not a problem with the theme nor Visual Composer. I checked the HTML and it’s from TablePress (see secure note). Please contact TablePress support for this.

Regretfully, troubleshooting which plugin causes the issue is not a part of our support service. You will need to do the testing.

Thanks.

Ok we will try and see what is causing it. Saw one of the plugins with error released an update.

Regarding the fa icons, this is strange since it works on other pages but not here. With the exact same table and exact same shortcode.

But please check the FA icons error from the theme shared in private note that is 404

Could you send ur the Visual composer plugin files so I can try to extract the file in the file manager to see if it solves it? tried with whole x-theme but without success.

Hello @Incognito,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Please use following link to download Visual Composer file.

Thanks.

Thanks but it did not solve it. And you never responded to the missing fontawesome tff file from the x theme? /wp-content/themes/x/framework/fonts/font_awesome/fontawesome-webfont.ttf?v=4.5.0 still referred even though it should be 5 now right?

Ok sorted the frontend-editor.min.js script error it’s rocket loader from Cloudflare that was the difference of the staging and live environment. Sharing it to help other users.

Hi,

I checked and couldn’t find any fontawesome 404 error anymore.

Looks like a cache issue and got resolved when you cleared cloudflare cache and plugin cache.

These are the new files

Thanks

No still appear on live environment. And staging does not have cloudflare. Does not solve to turn on cloudflare on live so not that. And we bypass all performance with page rules.