Visual Composer Content Band Settings

Hello

I am running WP version 4.9.4, and Version 5.4.5 of Visual Composer. After I upgraded to these versions I was unable to access the settings for the Content Band Element (the dialog box for the element will not finish loading)

I reverted back to Version 5.2.1 of VC (the latest version that shipped with x-theme, but it still has the same bug. Any suggestions?

I was told by WPBakery that the content band element was not a standard element
that is why I am asking this question here.

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, please clear all your caching (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If the issue persists, please do a testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

sounds good, thanks

I have cleared all of the chaches, and still no luck. Before I proceed with disabling plugins (I have a lot) is it possible that some settings were changed during the upgrade? Anything you would check first.

On the attached image I am a little unclear on “all” and"edit" mean

Thanks!

Hello There,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

This is our staging server which is an exact copy of our live site, and has the same issue

http://pymlabs.staging.wpengine.com

Thanks!

Hi there,

Thank you for the information, I think the problem should be the incompatibility between the version of the theme which you are using and the version of the Visual Composer.

I suggest that you backup your website completely and update the theme to version 5.2.5 and Then go to X > Overview menu item and install the version 5.4.5. Use our version of the plugin.

That should do the trick. Thank you.

I am having a difficult time getting the latest version. My web host wont allow me to install anything form the admin area, has to be uploaded via FTP. I have downloaded from here:

I don’t actually see where it tells me which Version I have. The version of Visual Composer included with this package is 03.08.2017 - ver 5.2.1

Thanks, Malcolm

Hi there,

Actually, that is a very bad sign that you can not install the X > Overview extensions. I suggest that you contact your hosting provider and demand a fix. You are always welcome to use our hosting service if you are interested in:

I added the zip file of the latest Visual Composer version which you can install on the Secure Note.

I think perhaps you are misunderstanding. I can install anything I want, but I need to do so via FTP. I seem unable to download the latest version of your theme from you website. How do I get that?

Also the link above does not work

Hi There,

You can get the latest version of the theme on :

https://theme.co/apex/dashboard

Hope it helps

That’s great. Can I also get another link to your version of Visual Composer?

Hello there,

You can get an updated version of Visual Composer including other extensions by reading our guide here: Setup - Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Hope it helps.

I did that, but I do not get the updated version. When I do this I get version 5.2.1.
You have recommended that I use version 5.4.5. How do I get that version?

You have sent me a link, that doesn’t work. This has taken almost a whole
week and I still don’t have a solution. Getting frustrated here.

Hey Malcolm,

Thanks for updating in! You can get the latest version of the site by going to your Apex dashboard. https://theme.co/apex/dashboard

Please download the zip file, unzip it and manually update the theme since you cannot update through the WordPress dashboard because your host does not allow you to.

If you want us to update the theme, please provide ftp so that we can log in and upload the files.

Thank you.

I have the latest version of the theme. I need v 5.4.5 of your Visual Composer that is provided with the x theme.

That is not available from the link you provided above, also not available from themeforest

Hi there,

Some of the updates aren’t available through Themeforest or theme package, most of it is available through automatic updates only. Those are updates that are recently added which can’t be added to Themeforest theme package instantly. Hence, your only option is to update it through the Automatic update and X/Pro overview page.

I just tried it and install a 5.4.5, and yes, there is no direct link download as we can’t provide that.

Thanks!

I have purchased your product, but I cant get the upgrade? Why can I not get a direct link to the download or you email it to me. This makes no sense

Hi There,

You can install the theme. Go to WP Admin > X> Install visual composer

That is the only way you can get visual composer with X.

Note that Visual Composer which is bundled with X is intended to be used with X only.

Hope it clarifies