Vimeo Videos not quite working

Hi,

Vimeo videos on my site are giving me trouble. I embed videos in my forum posts using the vimeo video link. That’s usually enough to show the video but right now it’s not working it’s only showing the video.

Then depending on what computer I am using, I can see the videos that I have embedded into an actual page.

Can you please advise as to what may be happening?

Hi There,

I am seeing just a video URL when I check. For the video to display properly, please use the Video Embed Shortcode.

Hope this helps.

Do I need the Video Embed Shortcode for Forum posts as well? And if so, how do I insert it into a post?

Hello There,

Auto-embed links allows the user to have the ability to automatically embed any Youtube videos, Twitter tweets, Imgur images, Vine videos, and Instagram photos directly into topics and replies. This is powered by the oEMBED feature inside of WordPress. For a full list of what oEMBED supports in bbPress and WordPress go here.

To enable the ability to use oEMBED on bbPress topics and replies:
1.) Go to Settings > Forums in the WordPress backend
2.) Then in the Forum Features section make sure “Embed media (YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, etc…) directly into topics and replies” is enabled

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the response.
I have had the setting enabled so that does not appear to be the issue.

However whether I put in the URL or the embed code into the forum bbpress post it does not work, it either shows the url or the embed code instead of the video. What would you recommend?

Hello There,

I have tested your vimeo link in my local testing server and it is automatically translated to a video in the front end.


I am suspecting that tis could be caused by a 3rd party plugin. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Please let us know how it goes.