Vimeo video errors after update: full screen + missing videos

Hey guys,

After the recent pro update, I am experiencing two issues related to Vimeo. I have a Vimeo Pro account and have had zero issues prior to this latest update.

1. First off, site wide, all Vimeo players no longer have the capability of going full screen. The option is simply not there. We have hundreds, maybe thousands of videos through out our site, so manually changing each one is not an option. I spoke to Vimeo support, and they suggested that it is likely an issue with the theme. Any idea what could be causing this?

2. Also, some Vimeo videos are completely missing on a bunch of pages. I can see them when I am logged in, but they are simply not displaying publicly. Ill list out some pages that are experiencing this issue:

https://hyperbitsmusic.com/free/8-advanced-tips-video/

Any idea what could be causing the issues with Vimeo?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hey @Hyperbits,

There might be a 3rd party plugin causing the issues you described. Before we investigate, please first ensure that the issue is really coming from our theme. To do that, follow the tests applicable to your site.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Child Theme
  4. Css/Js Customizationy)

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thanks.

Just an update, I saw a reported bug with the Classic Embedded Video element. If you’re using that, please stay tuned for the fix.

For now, I’d recommend you revert your site from a working backup. Please ask your web host if you’re not familiar with this.

Thanks.

Hey Christian, we aren’t using the classic embedded video element everywhere. For our entire member’s section, we are just using an iframe inside of an accordion.

The lack of being able to go full screen is a site wide issue for us, regardless of how we put the vimeo vid into x. Have you had any updates here regarding a fix?

Hello @Hyperbits

In order to help you with your concern please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact Page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.