Vimeo Background in Slider Revolution Causing Black Flash On Looping

I want a video background for my hero section. I don’t want to self-host video, so I decided to use Slider Revolution, with the Vimeo hero template (downloaded from https://revolution.themepunch.com/free-slider-exchange/)

The thing is: there is black flash right as the video loads AND when it loops back to the beginning. Very annoying. It happens on Safari v11 on Mac…… the black flash at beginning happens on Chrome (for mac) too, BUT the black flash does not happen when it loops, like on Safari (ie. after the video ends, right before starting again from beginning )

I don’t wish to share my dev site url, due to privacy of my client, but you can see what I’m talking about in Themepunch’s own demo of the vimeo hero: https://revolution.themepunch.com/wordpress-hero-vimeo/

Someone else reported this issue on the old forum (https://theme.co/apex/forums/topic/slider-revolution-background-vimeo-video-shows-black-screen-flash/) but was unresolved there.

So I’m wondering if anyone has this problem or a solution … seems like such a glaring bug for such a common need!

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

I could add this issue to our issue tracker and unfortunately, I can’t provide any workaround since it’s related to Revslider and Vimeo. I checked the demo and looks to e normal on my end, Safari too. But I’ll keep on checking.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.