Videos not loading after upgrading to Pro 6.1.10

I was previously running WP 6.2 with Pro 5.x but after upgrading to Pro 6.1.10 none of the videos are loading anymore. I went through the plugins one at a time and can’t seem to find any conflicts.

I took one suggestion to add custom CCS code (see below) and it is working now but is is only a workaround. What is the permanent solution ?

.mejs-container{
position: unset !important;
}

Try this in a child theme. We had to remove quickly for the WP 6.2 issue, but it’ll be properly fixed on the Monday release.

add_filter( 'wp_audio_shortcode_library', '__return_false');

I don’t have a child theme, I don’t think I have ever used a child theme, so I assume I will have to install it. is this the best way of fixing this issue permanently? does this mean when I upgrade Pro next time I won’t lose this custom code? where in the Child theme would I add this code?
Thanks

Hello @Palmacci,

In order to help you with your concerns we need to check your settings, I would request you please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

posted secure note.

Hello @Palmacci,

I checked your site it seems that the video is working fine on my end. It might be an issue with the browser cache I would suggest please clear your browser cache and then check it again. I have tested it on the Google Chrome browser version 109.0.5414.120. If the issue still persists please let us know the browser and its version.

Thanks

Thanks for checking, the videos are all working now because I added custom code (see below) to each page (section) where the videos are. I was hoping for a more permanent solution, because the next time I upgrade I will lose that code.

.mejs-container{
position: unset !important;
}

Hi @Palmacci,

The solution that works for you is related to the Jetpack plugin which has been reported a few days back to our issue tracker. I will add your thread to that so our development team will aware of multiple reports on this.

Thanks

so are you saying there will be a fix coming soon ? so if I disable the jetpack plugin the videos should work without the custom code? Do you still need access?

Hello @Palmacci,

Yes, there will be an upcoming patch update for this. @Charlie will be fixing the issue. Temporarily disable the Jetpack plugin and see if it works for you.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.