Videos not always displaying...for months actually!

Hi there,

I have version 5.1.0 installed. I have issues using the in-built video player using my Amazon S3 secure links to my videos.

To be honest, they’ve only ever worked on my laptop but tablet/phone has almost never worked. But, the past several months I’ve even had trouble viewing them from my laptop. I just tried now and can’t see the videos, even after multiple refreshes (not hard refreshses like Ctrl + F5).

So, I wonder if either the inbuilt video player or my Amazon S3 links aren’t friendly to each other. The videos HAVE worked before, just not consistently.

Any ideas?

I’ll provide login info in the hidden text below:

** Sorry, I don’t think my info was hidden. I’ll try another way

Also, will updating to the latest version affect my site’s layout, etc.?

Thank you,

Scott

Is it possible to get some help/support on my issue please?

Thanks

Hi Scott,

Thanks for writing in!

I’ve checked this on a couple of computers and they also don’t work for me straight away. Technically they do work, as in the videos are loading eventually, but it’s taking around 5 minutes for loading to finish from Amazon.

You may want to offload the videos to CloudFront and then lazy load the videos/pre-load load them. This way they should work on a more consistent basis, rather than taking so long to load.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.