Video slider not working below masthead--Revolution Slider

Hi guys,

I’ve created a “Full Width” slider with a transparent background using Revolution Slider. I titled it “home”.

I then went to my home page settings and selected said slider in the page settings. I’m aiming to have this show below the masthead.

I have entered my self-hosted video URL into the “optional bg slider” area.

All I’m getting is a black screen. I can watch the .mp4 video in the media library so the file itself doesn’t seem to be corrupted.

What is going on?

Summary

This text will be hidden

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, you did configure your slider properly and the video background plays on my end (in 3 browser).

Try to clear your browser’s cache.

What do I advise is to add a Poster Image for mobile/hybrid device users.

Have a great day,
Cheers!

Hey guys,

Thanks for looking into this–I’ve cleared my browser cache and tried in both Firefox and Chrome with no luck. An incognito window in Chrome did not render any results either. Could something else be at play here?

Hi There,

Is there a chance that your computer/laptop is a touch-screen? Any touch-screen device will be treated as mobile, we can check if this is true on your case if you add a Video Poster Image, and if that Poster Image shows up instead of black background.

Video backgrounds are always going to show the poster image on touch screens. Unfortunately, there’s really no good way of detecting a mobile device and differentiating it from a hybrid device, so we have to lean on the side of caution and say that any touch screen will get the fallback image for performance and device constraint reasons.

Thanks,

It is, in fact, a touch screen enabled laptop. I will add the poster image. For development purposes, I assume there’s a way to enable video even in “mobile”? I’ll look through the settings.

Thanks for the help.

Hi There,

Please refer to the slider documentation for any possible solution. As per our knowledge the slider video doesn’t work in mobile device.
But you can try your self.

THanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.