Video Self Hosted No Longer working after updating to XTheme 9.1.4 and Cornerstone 6.14

The self hosted video that is on the home page for https://www.ssicards.com/ is no longer playing. Prior to updating to the lastest X-Theme (9.1.4) and Cornerstone (6.14), it worked just fine. The placeholder image could be clicked and the video played. I’ve tried Chrome, Firefox, Safari desktop, tablet and phone and it won’t (load/play). The really odd thing is that if I log in to wordpress admin for this site, only then does the video load and can be played by clicking on the placeholder image. I’ve cleaned out the cache of all browsers, shortened then name of the video in hopes that this would resolve the issue. As soon as I log out of admin and refresh the page, the video will no longer play. I have no idea how to fix this. It is crucial that this video play as it is an important part of the site’s messaging. This is a direct link to the video: https://www.ssicards.com/wp-content/uploads/revenue-power-video/RevenuePower.m4v, which works if opened in a separate browser window. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!
Jacine

Hey Jacine,

Thanks for reaching out!

There could be a plugin or custom code that affects your website.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Thanks for your response. Troubleshooting the issue is challenging since the video plays when I’m logged into to wordpress. There’s really no way to isolate any one single thing listed. The only thing I can say for sure is that the Video (Self Hosting) worked prior to updating XTheme, Cornerstone and Wordpress to their lasted versions. Because the video is a key component of our messaging, I had to find a faster alternate solution. I ended up installing VideoJS plugin which resolved the issue. The animation now loads and plays in all browsers.

Thanks anyway.
Jacine

Hi Jacine,

We’re glad that you’re able to find an alternative solution to fix your issue! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.