Video Posts and essential grid

Hi,

It seems that if I build a post using Pro instead of the standard WordPress text and visual builder, then Essential grid can’t preview the video in the skin. Is this true, or am I missing something?

I’m using a couple of techniques to get the video into my Pro built post, and while the video shows in the post, it does not show in the skin, unless I rebuild the page that traditional way.

Is this the expected result?

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

Are you referring to builder preview? Please provide your site’s URL and admin login credentials in a secure note and I’ll check it :slight_smile:

It may not display preview if it has conflicting feature or assets, like in The Grid.

Thanks!

I’m referring to inserting an Essential grid on a page, saving the page, then trying to view the page. If a post was made using Pro no image, preview/video will show in the media area of the skin for that blog entry IF the entry is created using Pro. If the entry is created using the standard WordPress text or visual editor, then the Essential grid skin WILL display video in that blog posts preview on the blog page.

Further more, each time I try a couple of approaches to adding an essential grid to a page the page becomes unusable, by which I mean it can not be edited, saved, or previewed using Pro. This is after clearing my browser cache.

So currently I am not able to work on my original problem because doing so keeps locking me out of the page I’m editing.

Hope this makes sense when you check it out.
Thanks

Hey @djguitar,

Essential Grid won’t have a preview in the Content Builder anymore.

Regarding the issue you encountered, please try enabling JS To Footer option in Ess. Grid > Global Settings. There are Internal Server Errors also when you open the broken page in the Content Builder.

Please contact your host to whitelist cornerstone-endpoint in Mod Security and ensure you’re using correct WordPress files and folder permissions. See http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-fix-file-and-folder-permissions-error-in-wordpress/

Thanks.

Thanks for this info. I’ve changed the settings for JS to Footer. I’m able to edit and save the page now, but I will follow up with your other suggestions as well. Thanks for those.

This brings me back to my original issue:
If you go to http://holdingspace.ca/dj-test-blog-4/ You’ll see two posts in the grid layout. the one built without Pro is displaying perfectly, the one built using Pro is not displaying video. My assumption, which I hope is wrong, is that Essential Grid can not recognize video content when it’s wrapped in code from Pro. Is this correct?

Also, please notice that the Pro built post displaying in the grid has included the text I put in as a headline. “Headline for Blog”. Every post built using Pro will have at the bottom of its grid preview the headline text from this separate section of the page populating the “excerpt” area (BTW, each of the 3 posts on this page have the same content text, but only the non Pro built post is readable by E.G.). Very odd and obviously making Pro currently unusable for posts until that’s resolved.

It’s not necessarily a huge deal. I just want to know if I’m to understand that I shouldn’t make posts using Pro page builder if I want to use Ess. Grid to display them, or if there’s an issue specific to my site preventing something from working that should be working.
Thanks again.

Hi there,

Now I see what you mean. That is correct. The Elements of the Pro builder is not visible for the excerpt section of the blog posts even if you use it inside the Essential Grids.

You can not use the Pro Editor like that to retrieve Video information.

Thank you.

Thanks, that’s mildly disappointing, but not surprising. I appreciate your confirmation.
Cheers