Video poster missing and video does not play in 'video element'

Hello, We have problems on multiple sites with the video element. When I place a video with ‘player’ and place a video poster, nothing appears. The video and videoposter disappears and cannot be controlled or started.

It seems that disabling the JETPACK plugin makes the video work again. However I need the Jetpack plugin. How can this problem be solved?

Hello @macvink,

Thanks for writing to us.

In order to help you with your concern, we need to check your settings. I would request you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Here you are…

Hi @macvink,

The issue is a known issue and has been reported to the Plugin Author by one of our customers. But it seems that there is no update till now. You can find more details on the following thread.

Thanks

Please read to the bottom of that thread where I reported that the error only occurs when X is active. Jetpack/Automattic believe the problem is with X, not Jetpack.

Since that thread was closed, [I updated my status with a new thread here]. (Unsolved issue that was closed - videos don't display with any Jetpack after 9.8.1)

Short update: With most recent version of X and Cornerstone the issue still persists with any version of Jetpack after 9.8.1. Wordpress 2021 with Jetpack 10.0 works fine.

Hello Pyanfar,

We will be responding to your thread to prevent any confusion with other users as you may have a different setup.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.