Video not working on mobile

Hi,
None of my video elements are working on mobile. On desktop they appear fine but on mobile they are blank/black and the play button is crossed out. On initial load you can see the video preview for a second and then it goes away and is blank/black.

If I add a poster to each video it solves the problem on mobile…at least it is not blank, but then on desktop, the poster stays during play and you can not see the video; the poster covers the video and all you have is audio.

Ideally you would not have to add a poster and be able to see it properly on mobile.

If I “fix” the mobile issue so it is not blank with the poster image it does not work on desktop. If I fix the desktop viewing issue by removing the poster image it is blank on mobile.

Please help. I will send additional info privately.

Thank you.

I have been able to resolve part of the problem. I embedded the videos instead of using the player. Now they show correctly on both desktop and mobile but there is a bunch of bottom padding that I cannot figure out how to remove.

Could you please look at the the second url provided on desktop to see the extra spacing/padding? It looks correct on mobile but should sit closer to the line below on desktop as it does in the rows below.

Thank you

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I have checked the second url and this is what I am seeing:

The spacing is coming from the row padding with in the next section. Please reduce the padding of the rows and columns if you want to lessen the spacing.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hi,
Interesting, I checked it again on Chrome and it has a great deal of space between the video and line; roughly 600 px; see attached screenshot.

I checked it on Safari and it looked your screen shot, as it should. Checked on another Mac, Chrome, and it was correct on that one too.

It seems to be rendering incorrectly on only one Mac and Chrome browsers in the office.

Sorry to inconvenience you.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating us in! That could be just a browser cache issue. Please clear the browser cache or use private browsing mode and test the site again in the mac computer.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.