Video not playing in Header on Touchscreen devices

I’ve read some previous threads around the Video in Headers not playing on touchscreen devices. Apparently this is because the theme sees this as a mobile device and wants to limit data costs.

The only workaround I can find is to change the Poster Image to a GIF which allows this to play on mobile and touchscreen devices, but the file size for GIF is huuuuuuge compared to MP4.

Can you please look into adding this feature sooner rather than later? Most mobile service providers are increasing their data limits anyway, so I feel the reason for restricting this feature is fading away, anyway.

Many thanks!

Adam

Hi Adam,

Yes, this was already discussed before.

As per the result of that discussion:

Unfortunately, there’s really no good way of detecting a mobile device and differentiating it from a hybrid device, so we have to err on the side of caution and say that any touch screen will get the fallback image for performance and device constraint reasons.

I will still add your request to the issue tracker. We cannot promise it will be discuss again sooner, but rest assure your voice is added. Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.