Video not playing in background

Hi,
I just wanted to check why, when ive put the url of a video in the background panel that its not showing.

URL: https://nomore-studios.co.uk

Hi Adam,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have checked it in the latest version of the theme and it is working fine. I would suggest you update your theme to its latest version i.e. 5.0.8 and check if that resolves your issue.
If that does not work, there might be some different reasons behind your issue. I would like to suggest troubleshoot the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Theme Related Issue
2.Plugin Conflict
3.Theme Update related issue
4.CSS/JS Customization
5.Disabling Cache

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Ok, thanks for this.

I’ve just updated the theme and its now not loading at all. Can you advise at all?

Site is now loading but not showing video still

Hello Adam,

I can not access your site since you have enabled maintenance mode “ON”. I would request you please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Done! Thanks!

Hi Adam,

Please be advised that you cannot use 3rd party hosted videos such as from Youtube or Vimeo as a video sources.

You will need to download the video from Youtube and upload the video file to your media gallery. You should use *.mp4 format so that the video is compatible with all browsers.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

I’m sure ive placed a YouTube video in the background before. Can I do this with iframe instead?

There is a custom type to drop the YouTube embed in, but you might have to do some work to get it to appear how you want.

Hi Adam,

It is better to follow my recommendation above and let us how how it goes.

Thank you.

To be honest, that is horrible advice, especially if the video isn’t theirs. Downloading from YouTube and re-uploading would break copyright.

Hello @xRae,

Regretfully there is no option for Youtube videos in the background video. The background video would only works on the self-hosted video only.

Thanks for understanding

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.