Video not auto playing on page

Hi there, I have a brain on this page:

And have it set to auto play:

Hope you can check.

Thanks.

Hello @logoglo,

Thanks for writing in! Your video needs to be Muted and has Controls so that it will play automatically.

If this does not help, we would love to check your video settings. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hmm, when I first added it, i didn’t have controls, and it was playing fine…I really don’t want the controls to show…just the video, and autoplaying. Even if I click controls on, the video doesn’t auto play.

Login details in secure note.

Hello @logoglo,

Thanks for sharing the login details, I checked your site it seems that there is some JS console error, it might the issue of plugin conflict or cache issue. It could be the reason behind your issue. I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Child Theme

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site.

Thanks

Hi there, thanks. Ok, so the issue was, I had that section repeated, and hidden on desktop, and the original hidden on mobiles. I removed the mobile section, and rejigged it to work without duplicating the whole section, and having 2 videos…the issue went away.

I would look further into this though, im sure there will be users who want the same video, but in 2 different sections, hiding breakpoints, I was lucky I could achieve what I needed without using this method.

Thanks.

You are most welcome. We are glad that you have figure out a way to resolve your issue. Please do not hesitate to create another thread if you need any other help again.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.