Video Looping in Safari and Poster not dissappearing

I was using the classic video element, then switched to the new video element to see if it would fix the issue.

However my issue was the video was not stopping after it ended in Safari. however it stopped in Chrome and in Edge.

Also, when i place a poster image on the new video element and play the video. The poster doesn’t remove and all I hear is audio.

Details are in the secure note

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I have investigated the issue and I found out that you are using this:

https://youtu.be/rlQenYUQJlU

as the source of the video. This is not suppose to be the source file. The source file must be file.mp4, file.ogv or file.webm. Since you are using Youtube, it somehow played but that is not correct. And you do not have control over it because the youtube player is doing everything. If you wish to take control of the video, if you have the source file, please use it. And it you want to use Youtube please use the embed code instead and not the player to avoid any issues.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.