Video loads slow

http://galatiafilms.com/newsite/2018/02/01/weta-workshop-interview/

The above video is loading slow. Can you try and see if it loads slow for you?
No other videos are this slow but some are slow loading too but this one is worse. It is the largest longest video I think I have loaded but yeah so there is that but it is really not that long. Should I use Vimeo instead on this one? Thx!

Hi THere,

Your site is under construction, please provide the credentials so we can take a closer look.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks see reply above. Thx!

Hi there,

I checked the site and video and it is 334MB! That will for sure load slow. Here is the mp4 file address that I checked:

http://galatiafilms.com/newsite/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Weta-Interview.mp4

I suggest that you use Video editing tools to make it lighter. You can use services such as Vimeo as they do have few tools to make the video lighter.

Unfortunately, nothing that we can do from the theme point of view and this is something that needs to be fixed on your side.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

It’s funny because I only downloaded it from Youtube. Odd that it would be so big there as well. Plays fine there. Hmmm, I will consider just putting this one on Vimeo, I know it will stream fine there, any other ideas? Thx!

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! You say in came from Youtube? Since this is a Video Post Format, you may remove the direct video file source and insert the Youtube Embed code instead.

To know more how you can embed youtube, please check this out:
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/171780?hl=en

1 Like

Thank you fine sir. You are a very good man. Oh and as an update this one actually was downloaded from our YouTube page then edited THEN reexported. That may have something to do with the size!! Thx again =)

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.